Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fruit of the Spirit: Day 1

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law."
Galatians 5:22-23 (NKJV)

I love these verses.  They challenge me on every level to be more than I naturally am.  More than I could ever be alone.  

Since having children I'm reminded almost daily how far I have to go, and I've learned to cling to these verses more and more.  I love my children dearly and I try to be a godly example to them, but it's rare that I go through a day where I don't fall short in at least one of these areas.  Usually more than one.  Children are a wonderful tool in God's hands to remind us of our own shortcomings and our desperate need for Him to work through us.  

Most of the time I feel like I need these verses posted in every room of the house as a reminder.  Or maybe tattooed to the back of my hand.  

So, this is why I chose these verses out of the many things I could study for the next month.  I want to dig into them and focus on them and use them more actively in my life.  I want my life to be characterized by the fruit of the Spirit.

No comments: