Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of the Fruit of the Spirit

I discovered through one of my current favorite blogs (A Slob Comes Clean...seriously, read her.  She's hilarious!) a 31 day challenge for the month of October.  The challenge is to pick a topic and to write on it everyday for 31 days.  I like the idea because it would give me a better goal for my blogging (not to mention some focus).  I love to do things by the month as well.  It's a nice start-stop type of thing that lets me feel like it's not going to be forever.

I thought about it for a while and while I have many things that I could stand to focus on more, I kept coming back to the idea of something spiritual.  This blog is, after all, Pursuing Godliness.  I know weight loss and housekeeping are not at odds with godliness, in fact I believe taking care of my house and myself is one of the ways that I bless my family and fulfill my role as wife and mother, but I also would like to have more spiritually based things going on around here.  So I decided on studying and posting on the fruit of the Spirit for this month.  Since there are 31 days and only nine characteristics listed this will definitely be interesting.  I'm excited to see where this goes!

The challenge originates at The Nesting Place, and there are many, many others linked up that will be fun to check out.  I will not be linking, for one because I don't know how to do a button (they want either that or a picture) and for another because I'm just not feeling that brave.  Most of the ones I've clicked through seem to be trying for professional blogging, whereas I'm just doing this mostly for me.

Be on the lookout for my first 31 Days post later on!

No comments: