Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Super Nerd

Those of you who know me know that deep down inside (okay, maybe not so deep) I have this raging mega nerd just dying to get out. Seriously :). The kind of nerdiness that makes you embarrassed to admit it in public. Like Kent and I rented all the old Star Trek movies from Netflix, in order, because we wanted to. Yeah, that kind of nerdiness. And it's sad, but at least my dear, loving husband is just as nerdy. :) We're cool like that...I think.

Anyway, my latest semi-nerdy activity that I've been into is color analysis. I only rate it as semi-nerdy because at least it has to do with fashion and looking my best, but the fact that I'm doing hours of research about it online because I'm too cheap to pay the $80-100 they're asking for a personal analysis is. :) My sisters (who are both quite a bit younger) would be so embarrassed. For whatever reason, though, this just doesn't seem to come naturally to me. Knowing what to wear, how to wear it, what to do about my hair, makeup, etc. is baffling to me, so this is how I make up for it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, too, so that's how we end up with this taking up all my evenings lately. I think my husband thinks I've gone off the deep end. I've given away about 2/3 of my closet and I'm unsure about the rest. Oh well, time to go get some more! I'm hoping to do this in a more organized fashion this time around. My goal is to end up with a workable wardrobe that consists of things that FIT and actually look good on me. :) We'll see how it goes. Goodwill has become my new best friend because I can try all kinds of colors and styles for very little while I'm working through what works and what doesn't. Hopefully it will all come together at some point (and in the near future!).

No comments: