Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OYOL Week 13- Before

I seem to have missed a few weeks in here... :) I guess I got sidetracked and distracted, so I'll be going back over those.  I started trying to redo my home management binder, and like a true perfectionist, it's taking a lot of my time right now.  My thought was to redo that binder and separate out the menu planning stuff into a new binder and have it all coordinate and look nice together.  In theory it sounds good, but in actuality it's not coming along very fast.  I probably need to got back to work on just getting the basics of my menu planning down and then work about making it look nice.

I've also discovered many, many new blogs about decluttering, cleaning, organizing, the whole nine yards and I've been spending a lot of time perusing those.  Lot of good ideas, but not a great use of time.  I really need to work on DOING and then pick up maybe just a few ideas at a time.  What can I say, I'm a dreamer :).

I did successfully cook big batches of two dinners.  One was a pork roast, which Kent will eat, and the other was a Black Bean Chili, which only I eat, but they have successfully been frozen and reheated without complaints, so I'm thrilled with that!

Anyway, on to Week 13.  This week we're tackling our main clutter spots.  I can tell you right now what mine are without even walking through the house.  Honestly, right now my entire living room is cluttered because I'm taking a break from tagging some outgrown kid's stuff for a consignment sale that starts Thursday (yikes, only a day and a half left!  I need to get moving!),  but overall I've been doing a fairly good job keeping the our house picked up and straightened.  These are just the spots that I can't seem to get rid of (if you follow FlyLady, these are my "hotspots").

They are:
                                         My counter next to the door we come in and out of.



 My "laundry chair".  The place where all good laundry intentions go to die.  Seriously, it's like once it's on the chair, it's good enough.  :) At least this time I've actually folded it, usually it's just a pile.  Also, you can see another of my projects behind the chair where we're trying to pick a new wall color.


                    Computer desk.  The top but the shelf under it could really be included as well.


And lastly, the laundry basket in my room.  This one just frustrates me, it's been there since we moved in last June and it's really just a catch all that sits there and I never take the time to go through it an MOVE the dern thing.  If I could get this cleared out I could actually have a mostly clear floor.

I have a few other spots that come and go depending on life at the moment, but these four are the most consistent that I deal with.  (Opps, just reread Brenda's blog and we were supposed to only pick our top three.  :) Oh well, I'm close!).  I'll work on decluttering these this week and get some "after" photos.  The tough part is that I really just need to stay on top of these spots so that they don't come back every time I turn around.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

So I totally hear you on the binder. I've got a pretty binder, functional dividers with pockets, and yet it is still sitting waiting for some printed pages that have coordinating fonts and colors. Oh and the printer is out of ink so that's another excuse :)

Anyway, I think I will get to work on it since I'm on hold for getting my hotspots tackled. We're having some new flooring put in so the house is totally disorganized!!

Serenity said...

One of the blogs I've gotten hooked on lately just did a month of building their binders. She's got some really nice printables that are free through the 9th, I believe. I probably should just use them myself, but I got it into my head to try to do my own...we'll see :).

here's the address:

http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/search/label/Household%20Binder

Brenners said...

LOL! Your hotspots make mine look like a pig sty. ha ha ha. But, yeah, I always have a laundry pile too. Sometimes I get so mad at it, I kick it. It doesn't seem to help.

Aubrey said...

I like the wall color patches...I've about seven scattered about my master bedroom. Let's not talk of good intentions and nesting at this point in my pregnancy, eh? ;)