Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Southern Savers

I figured it was about time to try to add more to my links.  My goal originally was to put all my favorite helpful websites there, but as you can see I've been slacking off.  Well, here's a VERY popular new one.  I don't remember who first got me to go to the Southern Saver website, but it is now a page I visit every day, sometimes more than once :).  It is my one stop shop for all things bargain.  The lady who runs the site, Jenny, posts on pretty much any and every deal that she is alerted to, but her focus is on couponing at grocery stores and drug stores.  She can help you save so much on your grocery bill, it's truly unbelievable.  I've found that it does take some effort to get things straightened to be able to truly save half or more, but when you save that much, it's sooo worth it.  :) I love it!

4 comments:

Brenners said...

Thanks for this reccomendation. Just curious... are you familiar with Money Saving Mom and do you know how the two compare? Does SS have more deals or better explanations than MSM?

Serenity said...

I'm not very familiar with Money Saving Mom. I've been there a few times, but not recently. I'll head over and poke around. :) I'll let you know what I think.

Serenity said...

It seems like they are slightly different, but with some overlaps. Here's what I mean... MSM seems to have the focus of helping you manage your money better, which includes shopping frugally but isn't the only aspect, while SS is focused more on simply helping you find great deals in shopping.

I think MSM looks like a great site for all things financial (I'll have to spend more time looking around!) but I don't like the shopping lists as much as Jenny's on SS. SS puts up a lot more of the deals from the ad and you can check boxes on the list as you go down to create a customized printable shopping list.

I kinda feel like SS is a bit easier to navigate, but then I may be biased as I'm more used to it. I think the explanations are equally tricky (it just takes some practice to really understand couponing, in my experience). I do know that SS has a get started video up that I've heard is good for people who like to see things in action (I haven't taken the time to sit and watch it yet, so I don't know first hand).

Anyway, those are my thoughts just based on a quick comparison. HTH!

Brenners said...

Thank you. I am definitely going to check out SS more. I did a quick glance over yesterday and liked the way they list out the ad deals.